Friday, April 26, 2013

And the Laughter Continues!

It's been a week!  And it's not even over!!!!!

I have posted about my issues about spinning, but the laughter has gone way past my lack of knot knowledge!  hehe  I went out one day to work with the boys and bent over to pick something up only to have Lefty take hold of my hair and pull!  I screamed, he let go and all three were scared to death.  I pulled out my phone, turned on the camera, changed it to view me and checked to see if I was bleeding and had a bald spot.  No I didn't, but it hurt like "he double hockey stick."  Then I didn't give him his food as quickly as he thought I should and he spit on me.  Little bits of green grass on my arm and I was not a happy camper.  To add to the excitement, Pancho headed out to the back fence where there are left over, dried up berry brambles and he rubbed his side along them and came away with lots of sticks sticking out all over him.  His problem, except,  we head to shearing on Tuesday and sticks covered with stickers in his fiber then become my problem!  Sam tried eating a tree and I felt like it was an alpaca conspiracy!!!

When Bill got home and I began to tell him of my afternoon, we had to just sit and laugh.  It all sounded so trivial in light of what so many are going through.  Oh, my goodness, we can take little things so seriously, when they are just down right funny when you step back and look at the big picture.  I have learned a couple of things - one don't bend over in front of an alpaca, feed them quickly and about the sticks and trees, well, alpacas will be alpacas!

Then the big laugh came when I found my package from Blick Art Supply Store on the porch.  I had ordered some new acrylic paints and some brushes.  I told Bill I was so excited to get my brushes.  I love an angular shaped brush for painting my flowers on the stepping stones.  I've looked at Hobby Lobby and other places and just couldn't find my angular brushes.  I was so excited when I found these brushes available at Blick.  I immediately ordered two different sizes and some paints.  I go through a lot of brushes because I paint on concrete, so finding these was a real treat.

So what's funny?  Well, imagine my surprise when I unwrapped this roll of cardboard to find these!



Do you see the size of these brushes!  Compare these to the size of my hand!!!!  The handle is the size of my thumb! I just sat and stared!  I didn't even know they made brushes this big and why had they shipped them to me?  Well, I had ordered Mega brushes.  I guess I thought Mega was the brand - lol - but it was the size!  It took a minute or two to be able to speak. I brought them downstairs and showed them to Bill and it was like what the heck to you do with these?  We both just stared at them and started laughing!  I could send them back, but shipping would be insane, so after regaining the ability to think I said, "Well, they'll be good for the big wood pieces I cut out.  I still need to add to the Easter Eggs for next year."  So they won't be wasted and I've learned to read the full description before I order a brush!

It's now Thursday and I can hardly wait to see what else can happen in the next 24 hours!  If laughter is the best medicine, I should end this week very healthy!

May your weeks be filled with laughter and love!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...