Friday, February 08, 2013

Suffering with the flu and now bronchitis, left me thinking that I wouldn’t even attempt this weeks Project Quilting challenge, but I did want to go see the inspiration on Annie Young’s blog.  I had never heard of Annie Young and now, I know I’ll never forget her.

I love nature, all of it, whether it’s fauna and flora, bugs, birds, sunrises or sunsets, fish or animals. I began painting as a way to use some of the many thousands of photographs I had taken!  Photography was my first love. Painting is my second love and is followed by quilting so that I would have a new medium for my painting.  I actually love taking pictures and I love painting, at this time I'm learning to quilt!  It doesn't come as easy, but I believe I will come to love it too.

Visiting Annie’s blog and looking at her work was like seeing all of my two loves in her magnificent works of art!  Every piece she has done is inspiring.  I saw flowers, skies, sunrises and sunsets in her art pieces and then I saw that she doesn’t see!  I know she did, but she lost her sight around ten years ago and yet she creates the most amazing pieces of art.  That proves that art is the window of the soul!

I have always believed that what gifts I had at photography or painting were directly from God and seeing her work, I know hers are for sure and my getting to experience them is her gift to me and everyone else who sees her work.  She has inspired me to let go and allow myself to be what God has created me to be!  No comparisons, no excuses, no giving in to doubts and fears, but rather to let go of all the outside junk and allow God to flow through me in my art.  I was reminded this week of a quote I read on the wall in a doctor’s office back in the late 70‘s, “Your life is God’s gift to you, what you do with it is your gift to God.”   I saw it on Annie’s blog  dated 8/18/12 or at least a very similar one and I was reminded of how much I believe that and how Annie has given an amazing gift to God!  We should all strive to give Him such a gift.
Preview of my quilt!

It seems like not feeling well really doesn’t seem very important after meeting Annie and a quilt will evolve before Sunday’s deadline.  It will be the best that I can do, and I will thank God for the talent to do it and use it as an inspiration for years to come - reminding me that if we allow God to work through us, nothing is impossible, no matter the circumstance!  

Thank you Kim for this challenge, thank you Annie for your inspiration and your art.  I have two goals - to create a piece inspired by Annie’s work and to own a piece of Annie Young art.  I will meet them both!  And for you, if you haven't already headed to Annie Young's blog then please do so right now!  You will not be disappointed, in fact, I promise you will be inspired!

See you tomorrow when I post my inspiration quilt - for Project Quilting Challenge # 3.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...