Thursday, November 13, 2008

November Stamp Club

Nine of us gathered together on a stormy November evening to make cards and get in the holiday spirit. We learned all about the Big Shot and the wonderful "Stampin' Up exclusive Top Note Bigz die and the Sizzix scallop circle dies available through Stampin' Up (see F/W mini catalog.) Don't know about the rest of you, but I think the Top Note is just that tops! There are so many ways to use this die and wow the ease of cutting out so many pieces at once. Sure makes prep for a class or club a breeze.



Besides the card above using the Holy Triptych stamp set and the top note die, members were given a choice of the three circle style cards (below)with stamp sets Sock Monkey and accessories, A Cardinal Christmas or Christ is Born.



These three cards make great decorations for the receiver's tree. I wish everyone would send me cards like this - I always have a hard time displaying my cards - still haven't found the perfect way, but now that I think of it I may actually punch a small hole in all the cards that arrive this year and do just this! I'm always excited when an answer comes to me when I least exect it. LOL Another problem solved.


We also wrapped Kit Kat bars for small holiday gifts. This makes a great gift for all occassions, but especially around the holidays. I even heard that they do a white chocolate Kit Kat for Christmas - I'm looking for it now! lol This also works for many other size candy bars, of course, I cased this - no orginal ideas in my brain.

The end result is that we had a great evening, learned a lot and laughed a lot - what more can you ask for than good friends and a good time, uless it's chocolate.


Posted by Picasa
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...