Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sunflower

I love to do so many things!  I love to sew, quilt, stamp, scrapbook, felt (needle not wet) the list just keeps on going and growing, but drawing/painting is still my first love.  I know I've said it many times that I just simply feel God's presence when I have a brush or a pencil in my hand. While I enjoy the other creative areas I do not have that same feeling.


This weekend I painted a sunflower, while a week or so ago it was a cupcake.  I used acrylic paint and watercolors on both on watercolor paper and they're small, probably only about 4x6" or less.  Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever paint on a large canvas,  not exactly a question because I have, but I love these little pieces and it's so enjoyable doing them.  It's a time and concentration thing too!  Much faster than a big piece. At the end I emailed a picture to my friend Becky and she gave me encouragement and  some suggestions and it was then soon completed to my satisfaction.

I used to send out my originals and sometimes I still do, but a friend (thanks Jennifer) suggested that I scan them and make note cards that way not just one person got to enjoy them, but many.  So that's what I've been doing with the ones I like the most.


Some of these have already gone out - I find that when I have the cards printed and ready to go I'm better at sending cards.  Some I use as note cards and I leave the inside blank, others that are birthday or thinking of you etc. I leave blank and then pull out my stamps for a sentiment. No reason to let those stamps sit idle!  Adding some paper layers makes them a little more handmade, without painting each one individually.  And, then . . .

I got busy Saturday, maybe Sunday and listed some of my stepping stones on Etsy - they will sell or they won't, but at least I'm being proactive.  It seems crazy to just keep painting and not do something with them.  I have a friend that has requested two bluebonnet stones and two sunflower stones and I will be starting them soon.  Special lady, so they must be special stones, but she's not in a rush so that's good.

This week I've been busy with visitors, packing for my trip to Oregon (it's summer and the nights are still in the high 30's - yes 30's) and getting my supplies ready for a new class.  I've signed up for Junelle Jacobson's newest sketching/mixed media class.  I took the Art of Wild Abandonment a couple of years ago and learned to loosen up some in my art.  It's an online class, but she makes you feel like you're sitting in the room.  She will ask a question and you will find yourself answering her, only to realize she's not there!  Fits right in with my craziness, no let's change that word and use eccentric.  I like it sooooo  much better.  This one is "Wild Art Summer Studio - Wildflowers" and I already know it will be fun.  We get a sneak peak into the studio this Saturday ( I will be in Oregon learning to be a great alpaca mom ) and the class starts the next week.  It will be for six fun filled weeks, but it's available for a year in case life gets in the way.  Last time we started with radishes can't wait to see what she surprises us with this time.

If you think you might be interested in checking out this class click on the link above and you'll find out all about it.  And you'll also have a chance to see some of her sheep photographs and get links to her Etsy shop and more.  She is an interesting, talented, sheep and God loving young woman - a pleasure to know.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...